Whether you are changing the window treatments inside your living room, home office, or anything in between, adding shutters to the space can make a world of difference. From their timeless appeal to their inherent durability, don’t overlook these classic window treatments when updating your home. At A Shade Above, our dedicated team members are happy to help you learn more about the best shutters for homes this year.
Charlotte-Made Plantation Shutters
In our 15,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Charlotte, NC, we combine old world techniques with state-of-the-art finishings. Since 1993, the A Shade Above team has hand-made our shutters from high-quality basswood, using Amish construction techniques that have stood the test of time for decades.
When you think about shutters, the best in high-end window treatments may initially come to mind, and for good reason. For hundreds of years, these beautiful wooden window shutters have been protecting homes from ingress and the sun’s harmful UV rays while instantly adding style, character, and visual interest to any room.
Shutters are also a window treatment that realtors consider as “permanent fixtures,” which means that they add real financial value to your home as well. And as durable as they are beautiful, these custom shutters are heirloom furniture quality, customizable to suit your and your family’s window shutter needs.
Depending on what works best for your home, your visibility needs, and your style, you can choose between a variety of louver sizes for your shutter panels.
- Our Traditional 2 ½” Louvers are our smallest louver that provides the most reduced visibility and offers a distinct Southern appeal. Though they have great aesthetic beauty, they may be the hardest option to clean, so invest in a fluffy dusting wand or a microfiber cloth to really get in to those hard-to-reach spaces.
- Our Timeless 3 ½” Louvers blends in easy with many decorating styles and is the choice most popular among homeowners. A Fantastic choice for most homes, these shutters offer enough light and view-through
- Our 4 ½” Modern Louver is the largest option and provides the best visibility. With fewer slats and more light, you can’t go wrong with this modern slat selection.
Control and Tilt Options
Further customize your shutters with additional options made at our facility in Charlotte.
- Our hidden tilt mechanism acts as a hidden control rod so that you can adjust all the louvers by raising or lowering one of them.
- Our split tilt has a control rod that is cut at a desired location to provide precise control to the top and bottom portions of the shutter so that you may close the bottom half for the most privacy and allow the sun in on top for light diffusion. This innovative solution allows you to control your wood blinds as you need them to function in your space.
Hardware and Finishes
Choose from a selection of colors and finishes. We can match any existing paint or trim color, and we offer a library of 60 exclusive shades meant to work perfectly with your custom shutters in your space. Then choose your hardware from a selection of hinge finishes to compliment other hardware in the space, match with the shutter, or to compliment or contrast other features in the space.
To learn more about our high quality Charlotte-made custom Plantation Shutters, be sure to contact us online or call or visit us today at A Shade Above. We are located in Charlotte & Cornelius, North Carolina and North Myrtle Beach, SC, and proudly serve the surrounding area. We cannot wait to help you during your interior design journey.