At A Shade Above, we’ve made nearly 30 years of success because of our family of experts. Our Product Specialists, Technicians, Craftspeople and Leadership are top notch, honest, and work hard each day to assist our customers.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com
A Shade Above, Charlotte’s largest family owned and operated custom window fashions and plantation shutter company since 1993, is looking to hire design consultant/sales representatives. We are rapidly expanding our family of designers throughout North and South Carolina. The position includes managing and carrying out activities associated with showroom and in home sales. We are Currently hiring ambitious and dynamic individuals to service the Charlotte area.
Job Function – The candidate must be a team player, possess an out-going personality and the ability to develop long-lasting client relationships. Design Consultant duties include assisting clients with the selection of custom window treatments that fit their style and functional needs. The position requires assisting with fabric and color selection as well as measuring, preparing estimates via our custom in home quoting software, and following through and delighting potential clients.
Job Requirements – Candidate should have at least two years sales experience. Experience in the window coverings industry or Hunter Douglas knowledge a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
What We Offer:
- First year Salary/Commission
- 2 weeks paid training
- In home and in-showroom sales
- Tour our Charlotte factory and experience our production facility
- Custom branded company vehicle
- Laptop, Full product samples
- True, wholehearted family atmosphere
- Weekly sales and training meetings
- Ability to grow, design & implement special projects
- Paid time off
- 401K Retirement Plan available
Job Type: Full-time
A Shade Above is hiring qualified installation specialists to serve in the Charlotte, NC metro area.
The primary role of an Installer is to properly install, and occasionally repair, custom window treatments and ensure customer satisfaction at time of install. These window treatments and services include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Wood Plantation Shutters
- Custom Shades & Blinds
- Motorized Shades and Blinds with remote control and iOS App integration
- Home automation integration
- Outdoor Motorized Screens with permanent wiring
- Ability to operate and read a tape measure, handheld drill, caulk gun and other tools necessary for proper Install
- Ability to lift more than 15 – 20 lbs while possibly climbing stairs or ladder
- Job can involve physical exertion
- Willingness to learn and grow
Previous blind and/or plantation shutter installation experience is highly preferred. Clean appearance and excellent customer service skills are a must.
- COVID-19 considerations:
All installers are required to wear masks upon entry to customers’ homes.