The dangling cords on many window treatments can be one of the biggest home health hazards for small children and pets. If you haven’t updated your window treatments, now is a great time. One way to do it is to retrofit your current window treatments with a Safe-T-Wand. It is one of the newest and most cost-effective lifting systems on the market today. There are a couple choices.
- The fashion wand is encases hanging, dangling, and strangling cords
- The ProLift™ system is what you use for woven wood and Roman shades; it will lock the strings in place so your children can’t get their head in the cords
Hunter Douglas OptionsIf you’re in the market for new window treatments, Hunter Douglas offers numerous operating systems so that dangerous dangling cords are no longer a problem. Some of the choices include:
- Motorization with PowerView—this option eliminates lift cords and provides added security. Plus, it offers the convenience of allowing you to schedule the movements of your window treatments—even when you’re not at home.
- Vertiglide™—this system has no lift cords, chains, or wants and is perfect for window treatments that open side to side, such as patio doors.
- LiteRise® and SimpleLift™ Operating Systems—these systems make raising and lowering blinds and shades easier than ever before. Simply push up to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay right where you put them.
- Wand Control—a wand controls all functions without any cords. Perfect for vertically oriented window treatments.